We understand our clients needs, produce research product to achieve them, do what we say we will do, have fun and play to win.
- Dedicated Infrastructure research: We are purely dedicated to Infrastructure, allowing us to continually build on our specialist expertise. We have a sharp, clear and simple focus.
- Increasingly global: Insight's global coverage build out is underway, in a sector almost exclusively covered by regional analysts, despite the increasing globalisation of companies and investors. A global perspective gives us a better understanding of the international activity of corporates allowing us to identify global valuation anomalies using standardised metrics across continents.
- Partnership structure: We fully control our product and our LLP structure provides a strong incentive for hard work and success. Independence allows us to solely focus on identifying profitable investments for clients without conflicts of interest. As an Independent Research Provider (IRP), Insight's sole objective is helping clients profitably invest in stocks, a quality increasingly appreciated by regulators and investors. We are more directly in contact with our clients than other sell side providers.
- Thorough analysis, less maintenance: Our primary objective is quality of product. Strictly limiting maintenance research allows us to focus in-depth on topics neglected by the market associated with a significant mis-pricing of shares.
- Challenging accepted views: We believe too much research in the market is commentary, earnings related and lacks an objective assessment of corporate strategies and market views. Our recent survey of global investment bank research shows currently 50% of recommendations are Hold, 38% are Buy and only 12% are Sell. We do not have Hold recommendations. Insight aims to challenge corporate strategies and market views.
- Detailed company models: Insight believes in-depth models are critical to successfully analysing companies. We approach valuation "bottom up" and assess the value of individual infrastructure assets typically with a DCF, considering in detail inputs such as traffic and cost of capital, which are then aggregated into a detailed Sum of the Parts. Our focus is IRR, cashflow forecasting and cost of capital.
- Service levels: A focused client list enables us to provide a very personalised service. We work 100% of our time enabling clients to analyse stocks and identify valuation anomalies. We don’t provide investment banking, equity capital markets services or receive any fees from corporates.
Setting and meeting our output objectives
Insight believes in setting output goals. Our objective is to produce a steady flow of detailed actionable company reports, examining in-depth issues neglected by the market and associated with a valuation anomaly as determined by our unique Stock Ranking System. Results will be analysed only with a timely quick first impression e-mail and a post results note only if estimates or a Target Price needs significant revision. Our focus is value added fundamental Flagship Reports, on which an investment decision can be made.
Insight’s revenues are derived through a combination of fixed fees and Commission Sharing Agreements (CSA). Most clients receive our full research package but our product can be tailored to particular regions or companies. It is possible to purchase individual reports, please contact us for more details.